Sunday, January 1, 2012

December Training Wrap-Up

December was a light training month.  When I'm consistent with tracking my training, I use ActiveTrainer.com.  It's free service and it is relatively basic, but I use it just to keep a record of my training and I like the month view.  The volume is pretty low, and likely what I'll do in a week during my peak Ironman training this year. So, here's the final tally:

Swimming: 8.78 miles
I was pretty consistent with 3 days/week of swimming.  I started the month with a mile time trail, which was 32:27.  My swim time has been split about 50/50 between drills and laps (endurance and intervals).  I start most of my swims with a 200yd warm-up, which has been 3:25 to 3:35 on average.  On 12/30, I swam a 3:16 200yd warm-up to start and felt good.  It seems like my pace is slowly improving.


Cycling: 122.5 miles
I've been mixing my bike time between road and mounting bike, so the mileage is a little low.  Plus, I have intentionally been giving extra time to give my left knee to recover.  In December, I discovered Strava.com.  I eventually figured out how to load all of my Garmin data from 2011.  Strava is great for tracking your rides and runs and comparing your times to other people and your past rides.

Running: 17.75 miles
My miles have been cut way back.  I don't want to go into 2012 with knee issues, so I'm taking some time off from running.  I'm trying to keep the fitness up with other options, like the elliptical. 

Cross-Training: 3:00
Mostly time spent on the elliptical, but also some time with the rowing machine and a little bit on the Versa Climber.

Weight Training: 2:40
This time is split 50/50 between legs and everything else.

Weight: 163
I'm 10 lbs over my Wildflower weight from 4/30/11, but I'm still 27 lbs off my all-time high of 190.  It's time to get the diet back in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment