Thursday, February 2, 2012

January Training Wrap-up

Trail run in Yucaipa
January was still a relatively light training month.  I'm slowly building up more volume, which means waking up earlier.  Yeah, that's been the tough part.  Anyway, here's the final tally:

Swimming: 22,050 (12.5 Miles)
I was pretty consistent with 3 days/week of swimming.  As usual, I started the month with an easy mile time trail, which was just over 30 minutes.  This was about 90 seconds faster than last month.  My biggest swim day was 1/22, when I swam 40 x 100s for my birthday.

Cycling: 240.7 miles
I've been mixing my bike time between road and mounting bike, so the mileage is a little low.  Going forward, I'm going to try to do better at tracking time also.

Running: 24.6 miles
My miles are still pretty low.  I don't want to go into 2012 with knee issues, so I'm taking it easy with running.  Much of the time I'd normally spend running, I've been on the elliptical. 

Cross-Training: 4:30
Mostly time spent on the elliptical at my running cadence, but also some time with the rowing machine and a little bit on the Versa Climber.

Weight Training: 1:55
This time is split 50/50 between legs and everything else.  I'm focusing more time on leg exercises to help keep my runner's knee from coming back this year.

Weight: 160
Down 3 pounds from the end of December, so I'm headed in the right direction.  I'll probably settle in around 155, and down as low as 150 for Wildflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment