Friday, February 28, 2014

February Training Summary

Time to get back to my monthly training summaries. The goal is to be able to look back and see trends in my training and racing, and then hopefully learn from it. 

Total training time: 34.25 hours vs. 47.6 in January
Aside from February being a short month, I got the flu, which layed me out for a solid 5 days. 

Swimming: 24,000 yards, 12 swims, 8.3 hours
Aside from the flu time, I missed a few days in the pool when we went to LakeArrowhead  for the long weekend. 

Cycling: 288 miles, 18 hours
About half of my bike time in February was on my bike trainer in the garage.  I had some great rides while we were in Lake Arrowhead, which gave me a little taste of elevation too.  Again, my totals are a bit off, losing about a week, as compared to January. 

Running: 51 miles, 6.7 hours
I only managed 8 runs this month. I completed the Surf City Half Marathon in 1:35 at the beginning of the month.  My left knee still doesn't like when I run in back to back days, so I'll likely avoid that in the coming months. 

Other: strength training: 70 minutes. I need to bump this up and be more consistent with this if I'm going to minimize any running injuries this year. 

Looking ahead, Oceanside 70.3 is only 4 weeks away, so I only have a couple more weeks of 'heavy' training before I begin to taper prior to the race. 

Below are some pics from the family weekend in Lake Arrowhead: 




No comments:

Post a Comment