Monday, March 31, 2014

March Training Summary

Hopefully quick and to the point....

Total training time in March was 52 hours. All of this includes my totals from Oceanside Ironman 70.3, which was on 3/29.  Race recap to follow in separate blog entry. 

Swimming
Yards: 37,600, 17 swims
Consistency is improving, and I got in 4 swims each week. This is probably the max number of days I could fit into my schedule, so the next step is to bump up the yardage on these days. 

Cycling
Miles: 440
My current schedule and routine is keeping me at 3 rides per week, with 2 of the 3 being on the trainer in the garage. I dont think 3 days is going to be enough for Lake Tahoe training, but this is something I'll have to figure out soon. 

Running
87 miles, 13 runs
I've been able to slowly increase mileage, while keeping the knee pain away. This last race is proof that I need more run endurance, so the plan is to up the mileage with more easy runs throughout the month. 

Other Stuff
Elliptical: 30 minutes. I usually only go to the elliptical if I think my knee isn't good to run. 
Strength Training: 2 hours, 3 workouts. So far, just this small amount of strength training seems to be helping with my Runners Knee, so I'll continue with at least once per week. 
Weight: I was able to drop a couple pounds this month prepping for Oceanside. On race morning, I was just under 148. In January, I was bouncing between 153 and 155. 




No comments:

Post a Comment